Essential oils are wonderful treasures of nature. They all are unique and carry many therapeutic qualities for mind, body and spirit.
This post is all about essential oils and their detoxifying and cleansing abilities. Keeping our body healthy is not just important for our physical health. It is also important for our mental, emotional and spiritual health. We treat the entire body, mind and spirit as one. If the physical body is in pain or suffering some way, the emotional, mental and spiritual body maybe affected too. Likewise, if our emotional health is not cared for, our physical body may suffer.
On the physical body, the following essential oils can therefore be beneficial for helping to increase lymphatic flow, improve skin tone and help eliminate toxins which can show as cellulite. They can also support the liver and kidneys with the detoxifying process:
- Sweet Orange
For the emotional and mental bodies, these essential oils work in a variety of ways. Here are just a few examples of how the magical essences listed above can have positive influences to our memory, mood and emotion:
Alertness, Assertiveness, Confidence, Creativity, Positivity,
Self Image, Peace, Focus, Joy, Self Awareness, Contentment
As well as helping our emotional body, these essential oils beat at different vibrations which allows their magical influences to combine with the chakras whilst helping to energise, cleanse and harmonise the Auric Field.
Lavender – Crown Chakra
Lemon – Brow Chakra
Basil, Cypress, Rosemary, Petitgrain – Throat Chakra
Mandarin – Solar Plexus Chakra
Jumiper, Fennel – Sacral Chakra
Thyme – Base Chakra
If you are serious about reducing cellulite, improving skin tone and detoxifying the mind, body and spirit, then these methods combined with using the above essential oils will really help you to see results!
- Diet. If really serious, cut out the nasties! We all know the culprits. Try to drink plenty of water (2 litres ideally). Herbal teas are fine. Eating raw cabbage is a good way to eliminate toxic debris! Psyllium Husk helps to cleanse and remove stagnant waste trapped in corners of the colon.
- Skin brushing using a real bristle brush. Upward movements from the feet. This improves lymphatic circulation.
- Exercise. Lymph relies on body movement to circulate. If we are sitting for long periods, we can get fluid retention and lymph, toxins may stagnate.
- Massage. Even though cellulite can show in certain areas only, treat the whole body. Always use a carrier oil with essential oils and up to 7 drops in a tablespoon or 15mls of carrier oil.
- Use essential oils in the bath. Up to 8 drops of 1 or a combination of any of the oils listed. Ensure you fill the tub first, add the drops of oil and swish the bath around well. You can add the essential oils to 5 mls of full fat milk or a carrier oil eg Sweet Almond particularly if you have sensitive skin. By adding 2 handfuls of Epsom Salts and 1 handful of Rock Salt first will really help to shift those toxins! Pinch and pummel the areas as you bath in this deeply detoxifying bath.
- Breath deeply. Oxygen is vital for a healthy mind, body and spirit. By breathing deeply you are helping to get more oxygen to the body which can in turn release toxins. Why not try adding a drop of one of the listed oils on a folded tissue to help give positivity or clarity of mind? (Avoid direct contact with skin)
- Relaxation. Find ways to manage stress. Stress can cause cellulite to stick . Water and toxins In the body can be shifted as the body fully relaxes.
Friday’s blend of Essential oils
A powerful, detoxifying blend to cleanse and harmonise the physical body with a vibrational frequency attuned to the crown, solar plexus and sacral chakra.
Contact Susan on 07790377645 to book your appointment.
Please note, this oil blend may not be suitable for all. Full medical history will be carried out
prior to your treatment.